Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Purple Blanket

When I took Claudia to the vet for the last time, she was wrapped in a little purple fleece blanket on which she liked to sleep on the sofa.  She was laying on this blanket when she took her last gentle breath. I let Dr. Megan leave her wrapped in it as she took Claudia's little body away.  I picked the blanket up from McGehee Clinic a couple of days ago.  It had been laundered and folded carefully.  When I got home I placed it on the arm of the sofa closest to Claudia's spot. Tonight I looked over and saw that Sashi had pulled the blanket down onto the sofa and was curled up asleep on it, on top of a green plush toy Claudia had had since she was a puppy.  I wonder if Sashi was remembering Claudia as she curled up on her blanket.






No comments:

Post a Comment